Lime team captain Lee McGaughey continued our daily theme of “Blessed: Joy” with our morning Bible study classes. Here is an outline of the study, followed by an audio recording:
Joy (noun) — a state of happiness; a feeling of great happiness
As Christians, we are instructed to even count it joy when we face trials (James 1:2). In whatever situation we are in, we should rejoice always (Philippians 4:4). Paul endured many trials (II Corinthians 11:22-27), but he remained joyful.
When our faith is tested, patience is produced (James 1:2-4). We must focus on the joyful result, not necessarily the immediate trial or temptation — joy is all about perspective and focus.
- Nehemiah 8:8-12 — God’s standard is high — the joy of the Lord is our strength
- Matthew 25:14-30 — in the parable of the talents, we learn that we should focus on God and do what we are supposed to do
- How do we get that joy?
- Psalm 5 — shout for joy and be joyful in God
- John 15:1-11 — we must abide in God’s love and bear fruit
- Galatians 5:22,23 — fruit of the Spirit
- We must have perspective and focus on God — Biblical examples:
- Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego
- Hebrews 12:1,2 — for joy, Christ endured the cross
- I Peter 4:12,13 — rejoice when you suffer for Christ
- God’s commands aren’t always easy, but they are for our own good (Isaiah 55:8,9; II Timothy 3:16,17; Psalm 119:105)
- We should share joy among fellow Christians (I Thessalonians 2:17-20; II Timothy 1:3-5; Philippians 1:4-7)
“Blessed: Joy” — Lee McGaugheyWebsite: https://www.midwestsummercamp.com Blog Signup: https://www.midwestsummercamp.com/blog Text Alerts: text "@msc4kids" to "81010" Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/msccamp Instagram: @allthingsmsc