Tuesday our theme was to be a strong leader. Our boys class in the morning was led by Aric Russell who related being a leader to the song, “Oh Be Careful”. He used each of the verses to make his point.
- Be Careful Little Eyes – watch what you look at as Christians
- Be Careful Little Ears – our music / other’s language can
- Be Careful Little Mouths – good leaders watch what they say
- Be Careful Little Hands – watch what you do with your time
- Be Careful Little Feet – know where to go / not go as Christians
She discussed being a strong leader for Christ. Being a strong leader we must understand we lead everyone around us. Being a leader is someone that guides and influences someone. God has a plan for how women are to lead.
Secrets to being a good leader
- Good Attitude – Phil 4:6
- Watch our words – Prov. 11:13; Prov. 12:22
- Service – John 13:1-17; Example of Abigail; Example of Ruth
- Love – I Cor. 13:13
And Tuesday evening at our Tuesday night Bible study, David McPherson brought us thoughts on three times to focus on being a good leader
- In Temptation – Like Joseph (Gen 39)
- In Declaration – Like the blind man (Jn. 9:17)
- In Persecution – Like Paul (Acts 21:10-13)
What a great day we had and so much for us to take away to help us become better Christians.