Well, we’ve come to the close of the last full day of MSC 2015 Sr. Week. It was a great team day full of activities and it ended on a high note as Last Year Campers reminisced around the campfire following the lip sync competition and a presentation from Chase Cleary about his recent preaching trip to Nicaragua this evening. It has truly been an uplifting week for all the campers and staff. We’ve had some great Bible lessons on our theme of “Be Strong,” we’ve learned some new songs and sang many of our old favorites, we’ve engaged in friendly competitions, we’ve been filled to the gills with Ms. Belinda’s incredible food, and we’ve further developed many lasting friendships and made some new friends as well. We’ve had a few showers late at night or early in the morning, and we had a big storm late Wednesday night, but during the daytime, we’ve had mostly sunny days with temperatures in the 70’s and low 80’s — PERFECT camp weather!
We had a few more awards presented today:
- Thursday Sportsmanship Award: Silver Team
- “Tadpole Champion” Paper Plate Award — Katie Colvin (for catching 20+ tadpoles during the obstacle course)
- “Unofficial Official” Whistle Award — Meghan Dickey (for helping another team during Projectile Avoidance)
- “Most Enthusiastic” Paper Plate Award — Aaron Alvey
- Compadre Award: Female — Mikayla Cleary
- Compadre Award: Male — Kaleb Hopper
Well, it’s bedtime here at MSC. We look forward to seeing you all at the Awards/Closing Ceremony at 11:30 tomorrow morning.