“Impossible is Nothing” with God, and today we focused on the fact that “Family As God Intended IS Possible.” The male and female campers were separated into two different classes this morning, and volleyball coordinator Jerry Price taught the boys’ class and camp “gopher” Cindy Cleary taught the girls’ class.
God intended for a marriage to be one man and one woman (Genesis 2:18-25; 3:20). Same-sex marriages are not what God intended (I Corinthians 6:9-11; I Timothy 1:8-11) Is it possible to have a family the way God intended? YES, because with God…IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!
As ladies, we are each in control of how our family starts out. We must first choose to go with God before choosing a husband. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.” What kind of husband should I choose (Ephesians 5:25-30):
1. Love you to the point of giving his life for you
2. Love you as he would his own self
3. Nourish, cherish, and honor you
4. Not bitter
Look for the qualities of a good father (Ephesians 6:4; Colossians 3:21):
2. Admonisher (Hebrews 12:9,10)
3. In the Lord
4. Committed, loving, caring, devoted to the Lord, able to instruct and discipline
What kind of wife should I be (Ephesians 5:22,23; Titus 2:4,5):
2. Submits to husband
3. Committed, concerned, willing to learn from husband, help him, and work with him
Characteristics of a godly woman (I Timothy 2:9-12):
3. Full of good works
Characteristics of a godly mother (Titus 2:4,5; I Timothy 5:14):
1. Views children as a heritage from God (Psalm 127:3-5)
2. Loves her children
3. Raises her own children, not relying on someone else to raise them
4. Keeper of the home
Characteristics of a godly home:
1. Communicates (Proverbs 16:24)
2. United (Romans 12:18; Romans 15:5)
3. Handles conflict (Proverbs 15:1; 17:14; Ecclesiastes 7:9; II Thessalonians 3:6,15)
4. Forgiving (Colossians 3:13; Matthew 18:15,16; Ephesians 4:32; I Peter 5:5,6)Website: https://www.midwestsummercamp.com Blog Signup: https://www.midwestsummercamp.com/blog Text Alerts: text "@msc4kids" to "81010" Email: email@example.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/msccamp Instagram: @allthingsmsc
2 thoughts on “Thursday’s Theme: Family As God Intended IS Possible — Girls’ Class”
Really glad to see what is being taught. It is wonderful that the blog is posting the lessons so that we can talk to Caspian & Aravis about what they’ve learned. It’s so nice to know people are still interested in a Godly family. Thank you all.
I love it and I LOVE MSC for lessons like these that they are teaching our children. Our girls will definitely be back next year!