Gold team captain Eddie Paden led the boys Bible classes this morning, focusing on our daily theme of being a strong leader:
Daniel 1:1-8: Nebuchadnezzar wanted God’s people to act and speak as the Chaldeans – he wanted to change their identities.
Strong leaders fight. Unfortunately Satan is a strong leader, therefore we must beware not to get caught up in his ways.
Attitude we should strive for:
- I’m going to do what God wants me to do
- If we do our part, God will do His part. I Corinthians 10:13: “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”
Daniel 1:9-17: God gave Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego knowledge, skill in all learning, and wisdom.
Daniel 1:18-20: Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego stood firm and stood out different from the Chaldeans. They thought differently and acted differently because they WERE different.
Ways we can get knowledge, skill in learning, and wisdom:
- We must study God’s word – II Timothy 2:15
- Pray – James tells us that if we pray for wisdom we will receive wisdom
- Meditate on God’s Law (Psalm 1:2 – “But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in His law doth he meditate day and night.”)
- Think about God’s word – Philippians 4:8: “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
I Peter 4:11: “If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”
Mark 3:20: “And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread.” We should not let a multitude of distractions surrounding us prevent us from studying God’s word and doing what God would have us to do.
We can be strong leaders at any age – follow the example of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Constantly prepare to be an even stronger leader. Study God’s word and apply the principles we learn from His word.