The theme for the afternoon Bible Study was choosing strong friends. Danny Elkins taught the boys and had the following thoughts:
What makes a strong friend? Here are some characteristics.
- Someone who will help you be a better person
- Someone who will tell you what you truly need to hear
- Someone that will show you love in good times and in bad times
- Someone who will help you when you are in need
- Someone who will be loyal and will always stick with you
And a great example of this for all of us is Jesus!
Jennifer Rademacher spoke to the girls. She used a tree as an illustration of the three types of friends you will find.
- Be an encourager like Barnabas – Acts 9:26,27
- Be loyal like Ruth – Ruth 1:20-21
- Be a good listener (James 1:19)
- Keep confidences (Ecc. 5:4,5)
- Forgive and do not hold grudges (Eph. 4:32)
- Be dependable (Luke 1)
She also shared a picture of herself, Ryan Bacon and Carrie Elkins when they were at camp years ago. A great example of what “root friends” can mean to your life.
Website: https://www.midwestsummercamp.com Blog Signup: https://www.midwestsummercamp.com/blog Text Alerts: text "@msc4kids" to "81010" Email: email@example.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/msccamp Instagram: @allthingsmsc
One thought on “Boys / Girls Afternoon Bible Study: Be Strong – Choose Strong Friends”
We love the picture, Ryan, Jen, and Carrie!