Tonight sports staff member David McPherson led our discussion during our worship service. Continuing with our theme “Impossible is Nothing” from Luke 18:27, David talked about how God is truly an amazing and awesome God and we cannot give Him all the praise that’s due Him. Throughout the Bible, we see God doing things so far beyond our abilities:
1. Creation. In Genesis 1:1, we read that God spoke the world into existance. In Exodus 20:11, we see how God created everything in six days. We should all stand in the awe of God’s power and ability to create all things (Psalm 33:6-9).
2. Israel took the city of Jericho by marching once around the city for six days, then seven times on the seventh day — Joshua 6:1-5.
3. In I Samuel 17, David knew that God would deliver him (v. 37) and God delivered Goliath into his hand (v. 46). I Samuel 17:47 – “And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord’s , and He will give you into our hands.”
4. In Jonah 1:17, we see the power of God when He prepared a great fish in which Jonah lived in its belly for three days and three nights.
5. Luke 1:37 tells us that the angel Gabriel brought news to Mary that she would be the mother of Jesus when she had never known a man.
God can do many wonderful things, and with His help, we can too. We should not let anyone despise our youth. We should walk with God. We should treat each other with kindness. We should be a friend to others. We should think on the right things to do the right things.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 – “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.”