As Wednesday, July 6 draws to a close, despite some severe storms this morning and brief power outage on the campground, the third day of MSC was a HUGE success!!! Today’s theme was “Blessed: Peace.”
The storms altered our daily plans immediately following breakfast and cabin cleanup, but God kept us all safe from harm and all campers had the privilege to attend Bible class taught by Nick & Eddie Paden, and Group 1 & 2 campers had an opportunity to work on their Mason jar candle holder individual crafts. After lunch, the skies cleared up and it was beautiful the remainder of the day, full of blue sky, white clouds, and sunshine. Throughout the afternoon, all 10 teams rotated among the following activities: canoe practice (in anticipation of tomorrow’s canoe heats), volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, team craft time, and Lip Sync practice.
Following an AMAZING grilled pork chop dinner, which included the Last Year Camper Dinner, all campers and staff converged on the rec hall for the MSC Talent Show, after which Groups 1 & 2 were sent to their cabins for devotions and lights out. Group 3 campers had the opportunity to submit recommendations for the 2016 MSC Sr. Week Male Camper of the Year and Female Camper of the Year awards, after which they enjoyed a bonfire and s’mores in the amphitheatre prior to turning in for the night.
Throughout the day today, several awards were announced:
- Sportsmanship Award
- Tuesday — Blue Team
- Wednesday — Purple Team
- Paper Plate Awards
- Best Toilet Clog 2016 (DNR was reportedly called to unclog a commode clogged by a particular camper) — Shelby King
- Yearly MSC Cardiovascular Award (as a weightlifter, he doesn’t perform cardio workouts, except for the one week of MSC Sr. Week each year) — Jesse Mizell
- Facial Award (received a fine mud facial during mud volleyball) — Layden Duniphan
- Bathroom Manager of the Year (for flawlessly managing her cabin-mates’ shower schedule during camper clean-up time prior to dinner) — Jada Elkins
- HIPAA Violation Award (for standing outside the nurse’s cabin during Monday’s registration and asking each camper entering what medicine they take) — Lindsey Walker
- Golden Dustpan Awards
- NOTE: There were some exciting developments and history was made during cabin inspections for today’s Golden Dustpan Award, but you’ll have to tune in tomorrow for all the details!
Well, another day has come and gone, but we were all truly blessed to be together at MSC Sr. Week, Day 3. We leave you with a scripture from today’s theme:
“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” — Philippians 4:7